Friday 22 April 2011

Second Day

Hello again!

I'll share my first drink with you. I was probably around 17 or so and a friend and myself thought we'd look pretty cool walking down to the local pub with arms hanging loose, one hand at the hip stuck out at right angles holding a very sophisticated cigarette. Oh yes, the ultra in coolness lol.

We went to the bar, feeling pretty self conscious, I didn't know what to order so followed my friend and went with a blackcurrant shandy, which is mostly lemonade, with a dash of lager and blackcurrant cordial. Another ultra cool moment.

We sat ourselves down, looking round at all the others who seemed quite at home, chatting and drinking. I hardly managed a couple of sips of my shandy as I was starting to feel a bit sick from the smokes. We walked back to her house, I went to lie down as I felt pretty rough by then, and promised myself that was my fling with the adult pleasures of smoking and drinking over and done with.

Little did I know that my last days of drinking would be chain smoking roll ups in nothing better than a dirty run down hole in the wall type drinking club, surrounded by dossers, down and outs and social misfits, all alcoholics like me.

No comments: